Associate II
Posted on February 18, 2004 at 12:17

Flashlink Programming and Win2k

4 REPLIES 4
jdaniel
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:58

sjo,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that would probably solve my problem, however that still leaves me having to connect and disconnect the plug for the reset line every time I want to program. I've also hacked around a bit more and found that as long as I do some JTAG operation with PSDSoft after a reboot and before I start the emulator, things seem to work ok. Will the mysteries of Windows never cease?

Regards,

pHaze426
jdaniel
Associate II

I have a question concerning the use of ST's Flashlink programmer in Windows 2000. Generally, everything seems to work correctly for me with PSDSoft Express and the JTAG port on my target, however, I have some problems at Windows startup that I wonder if ST has a solution to.

If I have my target running and have the flashlink cable plugged in (as I tend to leave it for code, compile, program, debug cycles) and I restart my computer, it seems to place the target in reset and halt program execution. This normally isn't a problem, but I just purchased a Nohau emulator system which requires the Flashlink cable to program a PSD device after code changes. If the Flashlink cable is left plugged in, however, it seems to prevent the emulator from functioning. I spoke to Nohau support and it seems to be operating system specific as they couldn't reproduce the problem on Win98SE.

Basically, I wonder if there is some utility I could run to place the parallel port and flashlink box into a known good state so that my emulator will still function after I download code. If I have to keep plugging in and unplugging the cable, the whole emulator setup will certainly lose some of its efficiencies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

pHaze426
sjo
Associate II

As a thought have you tried using the other cable (10way to loose terminals) given with Flashlink, and connect all the pins except the reset. Flashlink resets the device after a program, but with this removed the emulator would have control.

May help your problem.

Regards

sjo
sjo
Associate II

Glad you have solved your problem.

Back to my above idea, you would not have to keep removing the reset - just leave it disconnected.

You do not have to reset the uPSD to progam it - JTAG does not even require a reset pin to work. Have a look at the jtag application note.

The emulator would perform the reset after the programming operation.

Regards

sjo