jdaniel
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2004 at 13:56

JTAG Libraries

4 REPLIES 4
jdaniel
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:02

I wonder if there are any libraries available for JTAG programming the uPSD32XX series of devices. I'm creating an automated test and programming application in Visual C++ for our product which is using a uPSD3254A device. I'd like to be able to have this application program / erase the processor through the JTAG port to test out this functionality and download special test firmware to the board. I'm currently using flink via a batch file, but it's a bit ugly having to spawn a dos box to run these things and I'd like to perhaps just make a few DLL calls.

Any chance a library and/or source could be made available? For that matter, just headers that expose the methods in your DLLs with winflink and a quick description of them might be enough for me.

Best Regards,

Phaze426
jdaniel
Associate II

uPSD,

Thanks for the tip. Using CreateProcess() and suppressing new window creation makes things look alot cleaner.

Best Regards,

Phaze426
joseph2399
Associate II

If you call FLINK from a Windows program you should not have the DOS box issue.

jdaniel
Associate II

I guess it depends on how it's called from a windows program. Right now, I'm calling the Windows API system() function from Visual C++ which just passes it to the command interpreter (which, in turn, displays a dos box). I suppose I could give it the old college try and use CreateProcess(). You're thinking that would eliminate the DOS box? I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Phaze426