seeguard
Associate II
Posted on January 13, 2004 at 10:13

Link error by cosmic.

7 REPLIES 7
seeguard
Associate II
Posted on January 11, 2004 at 07:10

I'm trying convert package software which has compiled by metrowerks to the cosmic compiler but I get these errors:

#error clnk C:\PSD_Data\Cosmic\kpad\Config\kpad.lkf:1 segment iram size overflow (451)

#error clnk C:\PSD_Data\Cosmic\kpad\Config\kpad.lkf:1 segment share size overflow (20

I attached the lkf file !

please, tell me how can avoid these error.

thanks !

atz

Attachments :

kpad.lkf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0Dq&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bVe%2FltPZYDr72_gjOiP7tXVqV0mP3CEKk7mZYpt5Ke9RjTk&asPdf=false
yu-jun
Associate II
Posted on January 11, 2004 at 23:30

Which kind ST7 MCU you used?

kr
Associate II
Posted on January 12, 2004 at 02:49

Hi Datzmon, Please check the maximum iram and share area allowed in your micro. otherwise attach your complete worksapce.

sjo
Associate II
Posted on January 12, 2004 at 05:58

Sounds like you need a larger memory model (move memory stack to long range), personally with the size of micro you are using I would choose a hardware stack model over memory stack.

Regards

sjo
seeguard
Associate II
Posted on January 12, 2004 at 12:32

Thank you all

I'm using the ST72F521R9T.

I used the large model (''+modml''). it has been linked,but

it doesn't work in run time.

I tested same software which is compiled in all models.

Only ''+modml'' is cruched in run-time. why ?

One more strange thing(COSMIC): I compiled for example memory medum''+modmm'',and I expect to get an error if it links with lib file ''libis.st7''.(should link with ''libimm.st7''). howcome?

Thanks

atz

sjo
Associate II
Posted on January 12, 2004 at 14:01

Personally I would use mods for that type of micro, it free up your shared space as you now use the hardware stack.

Regrds

sjo

jpl2
Associate
Posted on January 13, 2004 at 10:13

You should compile with +modms model according to the figures shown in your error messages. Locals are in page zero and globals outside. Loading a stack model library on a static model application will produce errors only if functions from the library are actually called by the application and if they have more than one argument.

Regards,

jp