Associate II
Posted on January 21, 2004 at 13:28

STPC atlas and industrial

4 REPLIES 4
chen2
Associate II
Posted on January 05, 2004 at 06:46

Hellow everyone,

This is a very general question. However after going through the two datasheets of atlas and STPC industrial, I could not understand for which reason there exist a frequency difference (for example 120M vs 80M, both extended temperature range).

We would like to test an application under industrial harsh environment, but do not know which one I could choose, since both of them has extended temperature version. Besides, I found an evaluation board ATLASLBBD for Atlas, but no for STPC industrial. Could someone help me on this?

Thank you very much in advance!
marios
Associate II
Posted on January 07, 2004 at 22:56

I have a very easy answer. You have to go and use the Atlas at 120MHz because the Industrial has ceased to exist. ST has stopped taking orders for it and will deliver the last units this year. So even if the Atlas is more of a challenge to design with (picky SDRAM timings and big BGA), this is now the only alternative if you need a TFT interface. Too bad, I have to redesign my old ''STPC Industrial'' board because industrial customers need a long life for their products that have a life span of 10 years and more.

chen2
Associate II
Posted on January 08, 2004 at 09:55

Thank you Felix, I did not even realized that STPC industrial has been annouced an 'end of life'. Would you point where to find the product obsoletion information from ST?

Thanks again
marios
Associate II
Posted on January 21, 2004 at 13:28

Well, my distributor gave me a warning when I placed an order, last october, that december 31st was the last day to order more parts. Needless to say that I was not happy. Had I placed an order now and I would have been dead.