jdf2525
Associate
Posted on May 25, 2008 at 11:51

STVP Programming failed error

3 REPLIES 3
jdf2525
Associate
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 15:01

If you create a project and later try to open it by using ''Project|Open'' it will load but when you try to program Program Memory you get a ''Programming failed'' message. If you then close STVP & restart it, you can load the project via Project|1 (previously used projects) it loads OK & will program everything OK.

An additional issue that's a long standing irritant of mine - file names are stored in the project files with absolute paths. This means that projects cannot be distributed without editing the .stp file by hand. And then they won't work when you use my workaround above.

I'm not sure if this programming error applies to ST7 - haven't had time to try it. Fails on STM8 with STICE-SWIM & RLINK-SWIM

jdf

[ This message was edited by: jdf2525 on 09-05-2008 21:04 ]

alexanderczajor9
Associate II

Hello jdf,

the issue you describe is in fact known and the root cause has been identified. There will be a new version of STVP to be issued soon (a couple of weeks) where this problem will be solved and the workaround will no longer be needed.

I am still checking for the absolute filename storage. I'll keep you updated.

Alexander

[ This message was edited by: alexanderc on 13-05-2008 10:45 ]

alexanderczajor9
Associate II

Hi jdf,

here is an update: The new pack of the tools will be available around mid June.

I have reported the issue with the absolute/relative file names to our tools department. This one will take a little bit longer to resolve. Not yet committed.

Best Regards

Alexander