Associate II
Posted on June 22, 2004 at 13:15

PID parameter calculation

3 REPLIES 3
sulaimanmohammed
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:17

Hi ALL

I am Mohd sulaiman, I am working on Position control of the BLDC motor using the microcontroller. I have to implement the PID controller in Microcontroller through coding. My worry is mainly about the calculation of Kp,KI and KD constants. If you know how to calculate them or have a document which talks about the determination of these parameters. please let me know and how actually did you calculated PID values in your project. please give me the details.

thanking you

With Regards

Mohd sulaiman
gaetano
Associate II

Hello,

together with the introduction of new micro ST7FMC, dedicated to motor control, hardware/software tools have been created and, very soon, several application notes will follow; one of them will treat about the C software libraries including also the calculation of PID parameters as you are looking for.

Be a little patient.

In the meanwhile I suggest you to click URL=http://www.softecmicro.com/products.html?type=detail&title=AK-ST7FMC]>>> here <<

Regards,

Tanio
gaetano
Associate II

Hello,

the attached document is a preliminary AN that implements a PID controller for a motor control.

It was written using the software tool VisualFive developed for the microcontroller of ST400 and ST500 families. It is a good starting point to familiarize with PID concepts and how to implement it for runnig in a microcontroller.

Very soon, a C code (Cosmic) version will follow, wporking on ST7 micro family.

Regards,

Tanio