Associate
Posted on October 13, 2005 at 04:23

Programming resources

2 REPLIES 2
rpage
Associate
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:37

Dear ST9 Programmers,

I have been working with one of our products that use the st92f150 micro for a while now, but I have not had to dig into programming it. That is until the person doing the programming left. I have been programming C,C++,VB,etc. for a long time so my boss figures I can just jump right in and write code for the this micro. Well, yes and no and I am sure most of you know what I am talking about. Anyways, I can figure out what most of the existing code that has been written does. The code that I am working with is NOT production code but code used for testing the product. I need to write code that will get the micro out of LPWFI mode and resume normal operation. I was a little dissapointed to find one very small section in the ST9 Programming Manual on the instruction format for WFI command. The manual doesn't tell me, as far as I can tell, all of the necessary steps to get into LPWFI mode or how to resume operation. The only reason I know how to get into LPWFI mode is because the previous programmer wrote code to do it. My problem is how to get back into normal operation. The existing code requires a power down restart to get it back into normal mode. Are there other resources out there that will give me, in more detail, how to write code for this micro?

It would be great if someone could just tell me how to solve this one problem, but I am sure I will come across other issues and have a great resource, maybe a book, on hand would be great.

Thanks for your assistance.

Rick

kapil
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:37

Hello Dear,

-) Dowload the latest ST9 Datasheet from Internet

-) There are few trainings also available on Internet

About LPWFI mode

-) It is same as WFI mode except that we stop the CPU clock in LPWFI mode but keep the INTCLK running, try reading about WFI mode in datasheet

So you can come out of LFWFI Same way you come out of WFI mode i.e by invoking some internal(timer,ADC etc.) or external

(external pin ,CAN or SCI communication etc.) interrupt.

i hope this helps you