Associate II
Posted on April 19, 2004 at 11:53

Protection

5 REPLIES 5
art
Associate II
Posted on April 14, 2004 at 11:52

Hey all,

just to get sure! My supplier gave me 3 new ST7 FLITE09M. I try to test it but they didn't work. All in all I read out the Option Bytes (cause that was the only thing I could do!! ) and the Read out Protection and the Write Protection were ''ON''

Is it true that if the Write Protection is on for once, that it can never be erase or programmed again????

Thank's for your help,

Bagus_lah

sjo
Associate II
Posted on April 14, 2004 at 20:23

I'm afraid if the write protection is 'ON' then the devices are now OTP and cannot be written too again.

It seems strange that these devices were received protected, by default the readout and write protection is 'OFF' on new devices.

Regards

sjo
art
Associate II
Posted on April 15, 2004 at 12:13

Again me,

today I found out that I have just HI-Signals on my Option Bytes!?! Is it possible that my read out doesn't work? I checked all connections, that shouldn't be the problem.

Ok, now everything! I have the indart demoboard to programm the ST7FLITE09B (DIL) and the indart programmer inDART-ST7F/D.

For my not working ST7FLITE09M (SMD) controller I made a adapter from SMD to DIL size! And this doesn't work!

I switched on the DataBlazeProgrammerSoftware the programmer hardware to

inDART-ST7/D and the device code to

ST7FLITE09M,

so I thought it should be no problem.

Maybe there is a problem?!?

Does someone have experiences with the problem?

Thanks,

Bagus_lah
shreya
Associate II
Posted on April 19, 2004 at 05:10

As sjo said, it is surprising that you received new devices with protection on.

When programming, what clock is the device using?

1/ In option byte disabled mode you should provide external clock

2/ In option byte enabled mode, the device will use the clock according to what is programmed in the option byte.

If your read operation is correct, then the internal RC is off and you would have to provide the external clock on CLKIN.

Hope it helps.
art
Associate II
Posted on April 19, 2004 at 11:53

Thanks for your information,

I thought it is a little bit strange that the two option Bytes have just one signals!!!

I already tried it with the external oscillator, but it doesn't work at all!

Thanks for your help, I will look for new controllers.

Bagus_lah