shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2005 at 10:56

JTAG connection on test board

10 REPLIES 10
shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on August 31, 2004 at 10:47

We had made our own test board with a STR710FZ2T6 mounted according to reference circuit of STR710-Eval Board.

However, we can't get RVDK connected with it using the same project running well on STR710-Eval Board.

When I try to make a connection, RVDK always shows an error message, ''connection was lost''.

Anyone knows what's going on here ?

shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on September 02, 2004 at 01:09

I have tried your suggestion, the problem is not on the operating sequence.

Even I plug the USB to PC first and then connect it to target board,

the RealView ICE works correctly with green Power LED on.

And the error message occurs under both conditions.

My RVDK version is v1.6.1 (build 261).

I can't find any description about the error message ''connection was lost'' in ARM's documents.

[ This message was edited by: Shinn on 02-09-2004 05:16 ]
chander
Associate II
Posted on September 08, 2004 at 03:46

Hi Shinn,

A few days back, I also faced the same problem. The reason for this was that, i did not pull-up the nSTANDBY pin. It is mandatory. Please check.

Regards.

[ This message was edited by: chander on 08-09-2004 07:17 ]
shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on September 09, 2004 at 01:56

chander, you're right !

The problem is that we didn't pull-up the nSTANDBY pin which stated in the new version user manual.

Thanks, all !!

chrisw
Associate II
Posted on December 16, 2004 at 09:22

We've also built our own STR7-based board and experienced a very similar problem with the JTAG interface.

However, we've added the JTAG reset circuitry (according to the Hardware Development Getting Started, Fig 11) and pulled up the standby pin, and we still can't establish a robust link over the JTAG interface (we're using the Ashling Pathfinder ICE).

Occasionally, it tries to work and intermittently losses the JTAG link!

Any ideas?

Chris.

omar
Associate II
Posted on December 17, 2004 at 12:45

Hello,

You should contact Ashling technical support for such kind of problem.

support.uk@ashling.com for UK.

Regards

hanc
Associate II
Posted on May 04, 2005 at 06:36

Hi,

I have similar problem with MB393B -2.04 the STR710FZ2T6 (Str710 eval board). I get unable to connect to remote emulator message. When I use RVConfig, auto configure finds my device so I assume that my setup is running. But, when I try to connect my device I always get unable to connect to remote emulator message. I use RVDK 1.61 Anybody has an idea?

hanc
Associate II
Posted on May 04, 2005 at 13:47

Thanks for your reply. The RVI-ME has green led on. I followoed your power up sequence and I have no success.

My boot switch positions are: SW13 1-2 , SW14 1-2, SW 15 1-2. The lcd display says STR71X 01/01/04 , 00:25:58 and time is changing every second.

When I try to connect to board , busy led on the RVI-Me blinks several times.

When I use RVconfig, I push remove device and then auto configure scan chain, it finds ARM7TDMI, ID: 0x3F0F0F0F . SO I guess the device is responding to JTAG.

Best regards,

hanc
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2005 at 08:54

I modified the switches to the position you recommended but nothing has changed.

I also check the board with hitex hitop link for arm with crossworks, this combination can search jtag for device and can find it , but when I try to program it, I face with problem which is very similar to the situation with RVI-ME.

Regards,

HAN