shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on November 01, 2004 at 16:29

Need this document 'STR71x Flash Programmer'

9 REPLIES 9
shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2004 at 04:55

Anyone knows where to get this document 'STR71x Flash Programmer' as mentioned on STR71x Reference Manual section 2.2.2.1, page 38 ?

Or where can I find the protocol for communication between SystemMemory code and PC ?

Shinn
subscriptions2
Associate II
Posted on April 17, 2004 at 13:38

I was looking for the same document. I (and I think the OP) am looking for information on how to set up the communication to the micro and how to program the flash not a program that does that job. In my case I have an adaptor for doing serial ISP programming that I expect will work with this micro. I also expect that the program will use the serial control lines to control reset and a program mode line.

I checked your suggested document followup but it only seemed to refer to using existing software to program the micro not the steps that were required by software to perform the task. Did I miss something there? If so could you please give me a pointer to where in the document the information is?

I guess that leaves a couple of questions:

Where can we find documentation on how to do ISP programming over the serial port (there is documentation on how to do the first step and select the boot mode but not how to proceed after that)?

When will this documentation be available?

Will the serial programming software control the reset and ISP lines (to be compatible with existing HW DTR should control the reset line and RTS control the ISP line) ?

Ideally , of course the serial SW should work whether the target supports automattic control of the reset and ISP lines or doesn't.

Robert

(BTW, anyone else find this forum overly ornate?)

sjo
Associate II
Posted on June 04, 2004 at 08:46

Can we have some idea when this document will be available ?

Regards

sjo
scarmichael
Associate
Posted on July 23, 2004 at 19:44

What is the status on this document and when can we expect it to be available?

subscriptions2
Associate II
Posted on July 31, 2004 at 01:31

We seem to be proceeding backwards on this one. I notice that the latest version of the reference manual has even less information on the serial boot process and no longer contains any reference to ''STR71x Flash Programmer''.

I'm beginning to think ST is intent on keeping the information private.

sjo
Associate II
Posted on August 12, 2004 at 14:36

Could we please have confirmation as to when and if the document will be released.

I notice on v3.0 of the datasheet it has become a ''reserved mode''.

Why hide such a useful feature ??

Regards

sjo
from-stmcu
Associate
Posted on October 20, 2004 at 02:00

Er, when is the bootloader going to be made available?

subscriptions2
Associate II
Posted on October 30, 2004 at 01:13

If it's not going to be available please just let us know and we'll go elsewhere.

subscriptions2
Associate II
Posted on November 01, 2004 at 16:29

Well, thanks for finally coming clean on this anyway.

Off to Philips and Analog Devices I guess.