shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on May 10, 2004 at 06:53

Does IAR support STR71x ?

8 REPLIES 8
shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on April 20, 2004 at 00:08

If I already have IAR development tool for Philips LPC2106, can I use it on debugging STR71x ?

I know that IAR supports all ARM7TDMI series, but if they don't have specific settings for STR71x, such as flash driver or scatter loading file, how they can download the target code when debugging ?

Is there any other development tool working on STR71x except ARM's RealView ?

shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on April 21, 2004 at 01:56

Thanks, ibtiss !

As to IAR's J-Link JTAG debugger, which tool can work with that ?

I'm wondering if I should buy another JTAG debugger and relative software tool to debug STR71x.
shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on April 22, 2004 at 00:22

Hi ibtiss,

Still one question :

IAR for ARM core is available, but how does it download code to STR71x's internal flash if it doesn't have specific support for ST's STR71x series.

Or I can just debug with the target code loading on RAM ?

This is a big problem for me ..

Btw, I'm confused by many types of JTAG interface, such as Raven/Wiggler or Segger. Where can I get more information about these different types of JTAG tools ?

Thanks !!

shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on April 22, 2004 at 00:38

Hi ibtiss,

Still one question :

IAR for ARM core is available, but how does it download code to STR71x's internal flash if it doesn't have specific support for ST's STR71x series.

Or I can just debug with the target code loading on RAM ?

This is a big problem for me ..

Btw, I'm confused by many types of JTAG interface, such as Raven/Wiggler or Segger. Where can I get more information about these different types of JTAG tools ?

Thanks !!

sjo
Associate II
Posted on April 22, 2004 at 06:43

The cheapest interface to use is the wiggler, this can be used with green-hills,iar and gnu toolchain (using software from Macraigor)

schematic attached.

It does not work with Realview or the older ADS suite.

Regards

sjo

Attachments :

wilgger-jtag-cable.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HtD1&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aKK%2Fv4tx0GAm4t2Fk6f__IrS1XH2A2jYu.7ZF5Od12hz87Q&asPdf=false
shinnlin
Associate II
Posted on April 23, 2004 at 00:28

To sjo,

Thank you for your attachment !!

Btw, is IAR's J-Link a kind of wilgger/raven ?

I'm just wondering if I can use J-Link with ARM's RealView..

----------

To ibtiss,

Great information for me !!

IAR supports Philips LPC2100 series ARM7 based MCUs with

flash download files, FlashPhilipsLPC210x.d79 and FlashPhilipsLPC2212.d79.

Anyone know that whether IAR or STMicroelectronics will support this flash download file or not ?

I bet EWARM wouldn't download target code via JTAG without this flash loader, right ?!

Or I had misunderstanding on it ?

Does JTAG debugger program the internal flash by loading a flash driver onto RAM and then downloading target code throught that flash driver ?

[ This message was edited by: Shinn on 23-04-2004 04:11 ]
sjo
Associate II
Posted on April 27, 2004 at 09:01

The jlink is made by seggar and cannot be used with Realview (it is not RDI compatible).

jlink is also supported by Crossworks - rowley.co.uk

I have just found out that a chinese company is making a RDI driver for wiggler, this will enable the use of wiggler within Realview or ADS.

Regards

sjo
subscriptions2
Associate II
Posted on May 02, 2004 at 15:44

Quote:

On 2004-04-27 10:32, ibtiss wrote:

The flash loader interface will be improved in 4.11A (June 10) to allow the user to pass parameters to the flash loader and allow the flash loader to pass error messages to the user. There will also be documentation on how to write your own flash loader.

Regards,

Ibtiss

Will there also be documentation on the serial boot process?

Robert