Associate II
Posted on May 30, 2007 at 14:15

XTI Rising and falling edge

3 REPLIES 3
francesco23
Associate II
Posted on April 30, 2007 at 12:25

Hi to all,

does is it possible to set an interrupt on gpio signal both in rising and falling edge mode?

I have to realize a recognizer of generic device inserted, then, start a test on this device when this one is inserted, while, if the device is not inserted, no test be performed.

Thanks to all,

Bassof

tech9
Associate II
Posted on May 01, 2007 at 11:49

Hi Bassof,

I tried this a little while ago; I was not able to configure the pin to trigger an XTI for both edges.

What I did was:

Configure the pin for the expected edge (whether rising or falling) and configure for the next logical edge in the XTI ISR ( to be ready for the opposite edge to come).

[edit:] To make things clear, if you expect, the first time, a rising edge, then when the XTI is triggered, configure the pin for the falling edge before clearing the interrupt, and the next time (when you meet the falling edge and service the interrupt again), configure for the rising edge to come.

This way, I sort of triggered the XTI routine for both edges.

You could also sample the pin level (0 or 1) in the XTI routine, just to make sure.

If anyone has another idea, do not hesitate to share!

Best regards,

Jp

[ This message was edited by: tech on 01-05-2007 19:36 ]

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on May 30, 2007 at 14:15

Hi Bassof,

The XTI does not handle both Rising and Falling edge. There is only one XTI trigger register to select polarity as falling or rising edge. It could be handled by software and you modify the XTI Trigger polarity in the XTI ISR.