Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2004 at 17:17

Watch window problems & Debug mode crashes my PC

7 REPLIES 7
ppoulin
Associate II
Posted on July 06, 2004 at 19:12

2 things.

1) When I start the debugger on DVP3 with STVD7 (USB link), I often get my PC crashed, completely. The only workaround I found is to shut down the USB peripheral service (in desktray) and power down the hardware (where DVP3 is plugged) then power it back up. (Windows then re-detect USB device). Then, running the debugger doesn't get the PC crashed.

2) When I run the debugger, sometimes the values I have entered previously in the watch window are resetted to some kind of previous values I had few days ago. I didn't fin any way to ''keep'' my watch variables from one debug session to another. Let's note that sometimes, they are kept intact... it's a weird behaviour that I can get working even if I try CTRL-S in watch window or Save Workspace or any other save command I have found.

If you have any info, I would be much appreciate and I would save a lot of time. Thanks

Best Regards

Pat
alain2399
Associate II
Posted on July 08, 2004 at 08:09

Hi,

Could you be more specific about the OS version and STVD7 version you are using. There was a known probelm with USB2 connection with STVD7 r2.5.4 that was fixed with the r3.0.0. Did you tried the just released r3.0.1 ?
ppoulin
Associate II
Posted on July 08, 2004 at 14:30

I am running STVD7 r3.00.00 on Windows 2000 Pro.

I haven't try with r3.00.01 yet.
alain2399
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2004 at 07:40

Hi,

From STVD7r3.0.1 a log is generated whena crash occurs. In order to help you understand what is causing your problem I sent you a private message.

To access yout private messages on stmcu.com clic on ''private messages'' in the left column below ''Site info'' and your login nae or go to

http://www.stmcu.com/modules.php?name=Private_Messages

[ This message was edited by: Alaini on 09-07-2004 14:38 ]
ppoulin
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2004 at 10:43

No sorry, didn't receive anything on private messages on STMcu neither by regular email...

alain2399
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2004 at 11:32

Try

http://www.stmcu.com/modules.php?name=Private_Messages

ppoulin
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2004 at 17:17

That's exactly what I am using