vikram
Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2005 at 11:01

ST7 Bootloader

2 REPLIES 2
vikram
Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2005 at 07:29

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6po&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bwR%2FTNjsPerLd.8THGp.O_y9VSNnXDYoCFIvBk5CIxaboBM&asPdf=false
luca239955_st
Associate III
Posted on August 11, 2005 at 11:01

Vikram,

your problem is pretty complex (as well as everything else related to IAP), so please consider what I write below as ''suggestions'' only; I have not tried any of that on my PC.

The easiest solution is probably to not use initialised variables in the application; you can initialise them ''by hand'' at the beginning of main() and get the same result.

If this is not acceptable, there are a couple other possible options:

- have the startup part of the bootloader initialise the variables of the application (and not of the bootloader itself); for this you need to replace __idesc__ with some other variable at an absolute address in sector 2

- include the startup in the application as well (and not only in the bootloader)

On a side note, looking at your linker files, I think there's an easier way to redirect the interrupt vectors, see ''implementing a skip-jump table'', a few posts below.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Luca