tom7
Associate II
Posted on July 19, 2004 at 07:31

XSSC idle levels

2 REPLIES 2
tom7
Associate II
Posted on July 16, 2004 at 05:35

Does someone knows how to setup the idle levels for MRST, SCKL, MSTR lines on the ST10F276 XSSC device ?

Thx, tom.
najoua
Associate II
Posted on July 19, 2004 at 07:31

Hello,

The XSSC uses three pins of Port 6 to communicate with the external world. Pin P6.5 / SCLK1 serves as the clock line, while pins P6.7 / MRST1(Master Receive / Slave Transmit) and P6.6 / MTSR1 (Master Transmit / Slave Receive) serve as the serial data input / output lines. The operation of these pins depends on the selected operating mode (Master or Slave). In order to enable the alternate output functions of these pins instead of the general purpose I/O operation, the respective port latches have to be set to ''1'', since the port latch outputs and the alternate output lines are ANDed. When an an alternate data output line is not used, it is held at a high level, allowing I/O operations via the port latch. The direction of the port lines depends on the operating mode. The XSSC will automatically use the correct alternate input or output line of the ports when switching modes. The direction of the pins, however, must be programmed by the user, as shown in the attached file (The table reports the indication of bit names inside the XSSCPORT register and summarizes the required values for the different modes and pins).

I hope this will help you. Any other questions are welcome.

Najoua

[ This message was edited by: Najoua on 19-07-2004 11:02 ]

Attachments :

port_control.xls : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0C5&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bXM%2F2sEo8LVqOIBnOiXNrYRkAMmKvgKlfNIhYmnILT5f4Vc&asPdf=false