fggnrc
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2007 at 13:58

ST7LiteUSx LITE TIMER datasheet error

2 REPLIES 2
fggnrc
Associate II
Posted on May 07, 2007 at 07:52

While planning to use the input capture feature of ST7LiteUSx, I found the following error.

The ST7LiteUSx Rev.4 datasheet issued on January 2007 at page 48 says:

Quote:

After a MCU reset, it starts incrementing from 0 at a frequency of fosc. A counter overflow events occurs when the counter rolls over from 1F39h to 00h. If fosc = 8 MHz, then the time period between two counter overflows events is 1ms

The rollover value is wrong. If fosc = 8 MHz, 8000 clock pulses are needed to make a ms. Since 8000 = 1F40h, the rollover value should be 1F3Fh not 1F39h.

If the LITE TIMER is shared between the ST7FLITE family, the other datasheets can confirm the error.

For instance, the ST7LITE3x Rev. 7 datasheet issued on December 2006 at page 72 says:

Quote:

After a MCU reset, it starts incrementing from 0 at a frequency of fosc/32. A counter overflow events occurs when the counter rolls over from F9h to 00h. If fosc = 8 MHz, then the time period between two counter overflows events is 1ms

The ST7FLITE3x LITE TIMER is an 8 bit counter driven by a frequency divider whose output is fosc/32. Since 32 = 2^5, and 8 + 5 = 13, the two LITE TIMERS seem to be the same.

If it is true, can I use the ST7LiteUSx LTIC value as I use the ST7FLITE3x LTIC?

Why have a different description for the same thing?

EtaPhi

laurent239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2007 at 13:58

Hi,

You are totally right and you can use the input capture of the ST7LITEUS in the same way you used the one from the Lite3.

Nevertheless, the two timers are not exactly the same ones.

Best regards

Laurent