Associate II
Posted on October 26, 2004 at 13:01

IAP

5 REPLIES 5
m_kasravi2002
Associate II
Posted on October 25, 2004 at 07:10

I have an application with ST2F324 which is designed to be programmed

through ICC protocol.I want to add IAP programming capabilities to my application,It will be grate,updating the feild through an external source.

what should I do?
jatin
Associate II
Posted on October 25, 2004 at 09:49

Pls refer the application note AN1576 available on this site. (AN1576-> In-Application Programming (IAP) drivers for ST7 HDFlash or XFlash MCUs)

adib
Associate II
Posted on October 25, 2004 at 12:22

Also look at ''ST7FamilyFlashProgrammingRefManual''.

m_kasravi2002
Associate II
Posted on October 26, 2004 at 04:07

Jatin,the codes in AN1576 have been written for HDflash driver,it's a usefull tool,while you know the sequence of running the procedure.

It helps you get rid of writting erase and programming or RASSkey functions.

I seek for a pre-defined method for IAP programming ,like the method declared for ICC programming.

For example in ICC mode this is done by driving a specific signal sequence on the ICCCLK/DATA pins while the

RESET pin is pulled low. When the ST7 enters ICC mode, it fetches a specific RESET vector which points to the ST7 System Memory containing the ICC protocol routine. This routine enables the ST7 to receive bytes from the ICC interface...

IAP has not been disscused in details in flashprogramming manual,just a paragraph.

I found in this method we should write a bootloader code in sector0 for programming which contains HDFlash driver.Then writting our application codes in other sectors.Are these codes completely independent or we should compile them before?

shall we then manage the sequence from application program,when receiving an intrrupt from an external source like pc com port, to switch from program executing in to flash programming sequence?

then after this process what's the next step? what's the next address the processor must fetch and execute?

The code is different now from the one it left,because of the new programming occured!

Regards,

Mary.

[ This message was edited by: Mary on 26-10-2004 07:41 ]

[ This message was edited by: Mary on 26-10-2004 07:44 ]
jatin
Associate II
Posted on October 26, 2004 at 13:01

AN1796 will be more useful to you i.e. ''Field updates for Flash Based ST7 Applications using a PC COMM Port''.