alexey_h
Associate II
Posted on March 02, 2006 at 05:54

ST10Fx vs Infineon (Compare)

1 REPLY 1
alexey_h
Associate II
Posted on March 02, 2006 at 05:54

I have compare Infineon XC16x and ST10F276 and may be it interesting to read results, dear All.

It's look like better to use Infineon in applications where needs high mathematical power (XC16x has 40 MIPS maximum on 40 MHz CPU core freq, where ST10F276 only 32 MIPS on 64 MHz CPU core freq), when needs more than 1 MCU on the board with DEBUG capability (Infineon has JTAG interface, allow you to programm and DEBUG all applications on-board thru just one JTAG port, while ST10 [as I see] have no DEBUG interfaces and you must have such ASC-ports, such ST10s you use). Infineon may be better if you need little package but powerful math power (for example I just need to process fast samples from 2 ADC - so ST10 here is not good [''too big'']).

But ST10F276 surely may be used if you have application dealing with number of periferal devices and where needs to store long programs and arrays of data. Sizes of FLASH and SRAM in ST10 is incredible ! :o Using ST10 as central controller is preferred.

So as you see, there is something good's and bad's in ST10 and XC16x. So you have the choice 😉

(How about JTAG in next version of ST10Fx ?)

[ This message was edited by: Epsilon on 02-03-2006 10:25 ]