Associate
Posted on August 30, 2004 at 15:55

PSDsort Invalid port selected

3 REPLIES 3
empearce
Associate
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:02

Hi,

I am trying to perform a hardware test connect using PSDsoft (V8.21) however continually get ''Invalid port selected'', check flashlink connection and parallel port operation'' error messages.

I am using a flashlink copy, created from the supplied schematic however believe the problem may lie with my parallel port. Does anyone know the parallel port settings required?? or if I am barking up the wrong tree. I am not seeing any signals on the port with nothing connected, using a storage cro.

Any ideas greatly appretiated.

Cheers.
danielh1
Associate II

If this can help you: I could never get Flashlink to work with LPT2 (a PCI card which works just fine with my printer). Flashlink works without any problem with LPT1.

Daniel

jdaniel
Associate II

empearce,

I also have had some problems with FlashLink in the past. In my case, I found that I had to twiddle with the BIOS mode settings for the onboard parallel port to get it to function reliably. That might be worth trying if you're still having difficulty. Of course, that might have detrimental effects with regard to your printer if you use one of those with the same parallel port.

Best Regards,

pHaze426

[ This message was edited by: phaze426 on 30-08-2004 19:28 ]