dsklh
Associate
Posted on January 05, 2005 at 03:10

Micro Stepping Novice

2 REPLIES 2
dsklh
Associate
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:17

We are in the midst of a project and realize that we need to do micro stepping. I've always gotten by with 1/4 stepping before using easy to use chips that took care of it all for me. I believe that I will need to use a L6208 with PWMs. I saw that you guys sent some startup info to another person previously for doing this, could you do the same for me.

Also at the board I'll probably only have around 10Volts coming in, is this a problem for the L6208.

Thanks, Old Guy

gaetano
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:17

For microstepping with the L6208 we have a demonstration system available that uses a ST72264 and the L6208. The complete documentation is on the web. To find it you can do a text search for ''Practispin'' on st.com. The links will take you to a web page that shows the available demo board for the L6208 and an ST7 board that can be ordered directly from ST. The software is fully tested and described in the application notes that are also on that web page.

The demo system can do 1/16 microstepping. There exists also a program that can do 1/64 microstepping. And that is available by special request.

Best regards,

Tanio