wek2
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2008 at 13:14

Bad IDCODE error when burning uPSD3212 using FlashLink

3 REPLIES 3
wek2
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:51

This is not really a question, rather, a warning.

Recently, my old setup with PSDSoftExpress/FlashLink refused to ''burn'' a new set of uPSD3212C-s on the board we produce. It wrote something like Bad IDCODE.

It turned out that thorough reading of the posts I subscribed to would save me a hour or so. The secret lies within ''product change notifications'', saying effectively that this will happen with a new batch of devices; and that the FlashLink/RLINK/PSDSoftExpress/whatever software used for ''burning'' the devices should be upgraded.

The freshly downloaded upgrade worked flawlessly.

More devices are affected apparently. Read the December 2006 PCNs.

Jan Waclawek

PS. The ''new'' devices have an ''A'' marking on the top right, next to the ST logo.

[ This message was edited by: wek1 on 04-07-2007 12:01 ]

dw
Associate

please help - we have this problem now in production - where can I get the latest drivers ? the ''full setup jtag'' does not include the FL-101 driver and the ''old'' one does not work.....what can I do ?

We used a bat-file and I hope this is still possible...

-daniel

jdaniel
Associate II

dw,

The problem doesn't really have anything to do with the drivers for the software, but just the way the control files are setup. I had the same issue (using a batch file with the command line tool in production). When I found that the new PSDSoft didn't include the command line version, I took a look at the failure.

If you look at the old JTAG control files you're using, you may or may not have a ''*.jci'' file. If you have it, this is the one you'll need to modify. If not, you'll need to use the new tools to generate one. I use a uPSD3454 which also went through an IDCODE change. Here's the way my *.jci file looks now in the appropriate section:

[DeviceID]

DeviceID_1=08540047,18540041

Note that it specifies two separate IDCODES, either of which is acceptable. You'll need to find the IDCODES for your parts and make this same modification, but then you should be ok.

-pHaze426