davekaiser
Associate II
Posted on December 22, 2004 at 11:54

ST7FMC: Getting the COSMIC eval compiler to work with InDart

6 REPLIES 6
davekaiser
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:17

I loaded the Cosmic CXST7_4K compiler and can not seem to get it to compile the demo source code for a simple stand alone app.

In the project set up it asks for the location of ''gmake.exe'' The only one provided is from SoftTech Micro Systems located at:

D:\Program Files\SofTec Microsystems\inDART-STX\ST7\asm

Shouldn't there be one at:

D:\COSMIC\CXST7_4K

I also changed the startup files from the ''C'' directory to ''D'' because of space problems as this is where all the development tools are:

# STARTUP FILE

D:\COSMIC\CXST7_4K\LIB\crtsx.st7 # startup routine with RAM initialization

# INTEGER LIBRARY FOR SMALL MEMORY MODEL

D:\COSMIC\CXST7_4K\LIB\libims.st7

# MACHINE LIBRARY FOR ALL MEMORY MODELS

D:\COSMIC\CXST7_4K\LIB\libm.st7

but still it does not work.....

I get this error:

Starting ''rebuild all'' process: gmake.exe bldc_cosmic.mak

gmake.exe: Nothing to be done for `bldc_cosmic.mak'.

Any ideas?

gaetano
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:17

Hi,

I have the limited version and all is ok!

Try to compare your project settings window with the one I'm attaching.

Regards,

Tanio

davekaiser
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:18

Well, I finally got it to work, but only by uninstalling all the software and reloading it on the C: directory!

Thanks for your help.

davekaiser
Associate II

Tanio,

Thanks for your response. In your toolchain setup, I see you have a link to gmake.exe located in the C:\COSMIC\CXST7_4K directory. When I installed the cosmic toolset, I did not get a copy of gmake. I tried linking to the gmake provided by Softec (see previous e-mail) and that did not work. I reinstalled the COSMIC tools and still no ''gmake.exe'' exisits!

Can you attach your copy of gmake.exe from cosmic so I can see if that takes care of the problem?

Thanks Tanio.

luca239955_st
Associate III

Hi,

we (Cosmic), don't provide the gmake utility by default, but there's one in Softec kit, there's also one (if I remember well) with STVD7 and you can donwload it from our website (http://www.cosmicsoftware.com/utilities.php)

Anyway, the error you get (gmake.exe: Nothing to be done for `bldc_cosmic.mak'.) would suggest a make utility is found somewhere, but there's nothing to do, ie, the project is already built. Try ''touching'' (change the date and time) some source files and see what happens.

Regards,

Luca (Cosmic)

daveevans9
Associate II

Its largely down to fixed paths in the linker file.

HTH

DaveE