cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulator question - Can I save I/O stimulation config?

phil239955
Associate II
Posted on May 25, 2005 at 10:58

Simulator question - Can I save I/O stimulation config?

6 REPLIES 6
phil239955
Associate II
Posted on April 21, 2005 at 06:13

When using the simulator on ST7 visual develop 3.1.1, is it possible to save the I/O stimulation configuration? I notice that there is a menu item for ''Load Stimuli File'' in the file menu, but there does not seem to be a way of saving anything.

Are these files text based and if so, is there a documented format for them? It is a real pain having to set up the I/O by hand repeatedly, especially as the I/O Stimulation window does not list the alternative functions of the pins.

fggnrc
Associate II
Posted on April 22, 2005 at 04:45

Phil_H,

I have attached one stimuli file that I use with STVD7 v.3.1.1.

Unfortunately you have to manually edit it, since there is no tool from ST to change its contents.

Regards,

EtaPhi

Attachments :

B0A1RA2T.IN : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0AD&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bUe%2FkfHLmyPOHhOEbW6ZjMQAaZbW0UrCK_wuu7iM_HPJHyI&asPdf=false
phil239955
Associate II
Posted on April 22, 2005 at 05:48

Thanks for your help.

alain2399
Associate II
Posted on April 25, 2005 at 10:44

You can view the current stimuli of you debug session using the command ''gdi pin -stimuli'' for all stimuli, or specify the pin you want to review and save in a specific file the result displayed in the console window

(syntax: pin -stimuli [pin name] [-save [file name] )

In fact you can save the stimuli of your current debug session with the simulator using command ''gdi pin -output_file yes'' in the console window. Then a file named ''port.out'' will be created at each time you run the simulator containing all the stimuli you dynamically created. If you want to reload those stimuli, rename it with the extension .in and use the ''load stimuli'' icon. Be aware that this will slowdown the simulation.

If you want to list all the existing commands for I/O stimulation use the command ''gdi help pin'' in the console window.

I hope this can help.

Best regards,

Alain

[ This message was edited by: Alaini on 25-04-2005 14:18 ]

phil239955
Associate II
Posted on April 26, 2005 at 09:35

Quote:

You can view the current stimuli of you debug session using the command ''gdi pin -stimuli'' for all stimuli, or specify the pin you want to review and save in a specific file the result displayed in the console window

(syntax: pin -stimuli [pin name] [-save [file name] )

Is there any documentation available for the console window commands for the debugger (other than the help command in the console window itself)?

alain2399
Associate II
Posted on May 25, 2005 at 10:58

No, the only documentation is through the console window help command.