Associate
Posted on January 13, 2005 at 12:01

newbie question ...

3 REPLIES 3
drorgo1
Associate
Posted on November 15, 2004 at 09:06

Hi,

1. i want to build a stand alone product (that can run Linux OS and use a TFT/CRT) using STPC , what exactly should i do ? do i need additional hardware or just evaluation board/software will do ?

2. I'm specifcally interested in the video input port option , my 'wet dream' is to be able to view a web page (i guess that would need a browsing app running on the OS) and a video input as a one overlay with alpha blending --- sounds crazy or might be feasible ?

Thanks,

anouar
Associate II
Posted on December 23, 2004 at 13:39

We can do this via the primary and the secondary bootloader. for more information please refer to the documentation on line for STPC products.

For application included in the OS you can refer to the STPCKIT user manual and use it as a primary solution. In the STPCKIT you find a Linux image that you cnan download it into your system. For more details i repeat please refer to the STPCKIt user manual.

Thanks.

STPC team

marios
Associate II
Posted on January 13, 2005 at 12:01

Alpha blending is something that the STPC integrated VGA controllers can not do. They can do overlay on a color key but no more. Perhaps you could do that with the ATI Radeon chips that are available for the embedded applications.