adamwu
Associate
Posted on May 01, 2008 at 06:08

not able to boot normally

2 REPLIES 2
adamwu
Associate
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:34

hi, I am new to STM32.. I have got a Keil STM32 evaluation board. we can do everything with this board. But we then create our own board based on Keil schematic. We pretty much all pins, including boot0, boot1, wakeup, anti_tamp, nreset..... we can use Keil MDK to download the firmware to our board, and Keil MDK verified the downloading is successful. But we can never make it booting?

another strange thing is on Keil evaluation board, if we force boot0 to ground, it will only execute our firmware, and not able to be flashed. which I guess is right behavior according to STM32 reference manual. However, on our board, even though we are 100% sure boot0 is ground, we are still able to flash our firmware........

I am not sure do we have to flash a bootloader into our board first, or it is already built into CPU? Any help will be really appreciated!!

lanchon
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:34

(I assume you're programming via JTAG.)

> on Keil evaluation board, if we force boot0 to ground, it will only execute our firmware, and not able to be flashed

you should be able to JTAG at any time. your firmware is probably disabling the JTAG port, that's why you need to bypass it.

> which I guess is right behavior according to STM32 reference manual

according to what part of the ref manual?

> on our board, even though we are 100% sure boot0 is ground, we are still able to flash our firmware

> Keil MDK verified the downloading is successful. But we can never make it booting

sounds like the stm32 is being held in reset. what's hooked to the reset pin?

> do we have to flash a bootloader into our board first

no.