sfumato
Associate
Posted on June 13, 2008 at 14:35

Question Stupida

4 REPLIES 4
sfumato
Associate
Posted on May 18, 2008 at 23:27

Sorry Let me give you a stupid question.

I connected

http://www.frozeneskimo.com/electronics/wp-content/uploads/Schematics/jtagwigglersch.png

a cpu STR711FR2 but now what software should I use?

I used H-JTAG see cpu ARM7TDMI 0x3f0f0f0f but then as programming internal flash? which should set parameters in H-FLASHER? or there is another program easier to use?

please c'è some Italian can help me?

thank you

Umberto

kleshov
Associate II
Posted on May 19, 2008 at 07:45

I am using OpenOCD for programming flash memory of STR710 via a wiggler JTAG interface. It might be tricky to set up, but it works.

atozturk
Associate
Posted on June 13, 2008 at 06:30

Dear volius could you explain and/or send me configuration files for OpenOCD.

I also use STR710 and I'm try to programm with wiggler cable.

Thanks.

kleshov
Associate II
Posted on June 13, 2008 at 14:35

You should consult the docs that come with OpenOCD. That's what I did, anyway. In short, there are several steps involved:

1) From command line, switch to OpenOCD bin directory and launch ''openocd-pp.exe -f config\str71x.cfg'' (most likely I misspelled the file names, find them in your OpenOCD setup)

2) From another console box, connect to OpenOCD with a telnet client: ''telnet 127.0.0.1 4444''

3) Now you have the OpenOCD command line. The command ''flash erase 0 0 9'' will erase all 10 sectors. The command ''flash write_binary ...'' will program a binary image. ''help'' gives a list of commands. ''help flash'' gives info on flash commands.

It is possible to automate those things with a script.

I might have modified the default .cfg file, can't remember.

I downloaded OpenOCD from YAGARTO home page.