cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sample files for building for STR9 under GNUARM??

dan1
Associate II
Posted on May 07, 2008 at 19:50

sample files for building for STR9 under GNUARM??

3 REPLIES 3
hicham
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:53

Hi Dan,

First you need to know that assembly syntax for GCC ARM is different from its RealView counterpart (and possibly to IAR too). So you need to adjust your startup file syntax. You might even need to redefine your interrupt handlers, I needed to when I converted my project to GCC ARM.

As for linking, you need to provide a linker script adjusted to your memory map.

These files are from a working GCC ARM project, under Keil µ Vision 3.53 for Keil MCBSTR9 (STR921FW44).You can also look for an archive on Hitex website called examples_str9.zip, it can be very helpful for you.

Good luck

dan1
Associate II

We have an existing project using STR912FW44, which we've been developing using IAR toolkit. Now we wish to dump IAR and switch to GNUARM, so multiple engineers can work on the project. I'm having some problems with this, though.

First of all, I don't know what to use for -mcpu argument... I tried -mcpu=arm9, and that seemed to work on the .C files, but 91x_init.s (from the ST sample code, using the ride7 91x_init.s file):

startup/91x_init.S:328: Error: selected processor does not support `blx r0'

Also, I'm having other problems with the link step.

A sample project for STR9, using gnuarm from the command line, would be *very* helpful for us. Are any such projects available??

dan1
Associate II

Thanks for the response, hicham! I'll search for those hitex files as well.

Could you tell me what argument you're using for -mcpu ?? I'm using ''arm9'', but I don't actually know what the compiler/linker are expecting in the case of STR9...

Aha!! -mcpu=arm9tdmi

Also, for future reference by other readers, the examples file is available from:

http://www.hitex.co.uk/str9/free_downloadpage.html

Enjoy!

[ This message was edited by: dan2 on 08-05-2008 00:25 ]

Well, nobody else ever commented on this, and I'm *still* trying to find one single project that compiles and links successfully from the command line, using make, but just for completeness, let me document this correctly:

-mcpu=arm966e-s

hmph...

[ This message was edited by: dan2 on 22-05-2008 23:26 ]