cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STPC Consumer-II Windows CE 5.0 Video Driver???

jcrouch
Associate II
Posted on January 19, 2005 at 16:47

STPC Consumer-II Windows CE 5.0 Video Driver???

3 REPLIES 3
jcrouch
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2005 at 17:40

I have been trying to get the video working on an Advantech PCM-3348F PC104 SBC under Windows CE 5.0 but to no avail. This SBC utilizes an STPC Consumer-II Processor. I've installed ST's Win CE 5.0 Consumer-II BSP on top of Win CE 5.0 Platform Builder. I then selected the Consumer-II BSP and the STPC Video Driver. When I build the image and then boot it, the desktop comes up in a maroon color with some icon text legible. The mouse pointer is replaced with a small hazy square. All icons are invisble, but the tool bar at the bottom is present. I tried the same build on a different manufacturer's board that uses the same processor and the video works fine. What gives? I've also tried the default flat video driver and the desktop never comes up.

Joel

anouar
Associate II
Posted on January 17, 2005 at 11:42

While the same build works fine on another board, the problem comes from the configuration of your PC104. I can suggest to you that you try the WinCE4.2, if the problem persists we are sure thet the problem is related to the PC104 configuration. Concerning the default flat driver, the STPC consumer graphical engine is not fully standard so you can't use the default driver. In fact we have seen this problem with the Wince4.2 and winCe5.0 while we have a problem with the board or with sdram amount and configuration.

I hope that these informations can help.

Thanks.

jcrouch
Associate II
Posted on January 19, 2005 at 16:47

Thanks for the suggestion, and you're right. it was a PC104 board configuration problem. The Default Video Memory Size was set too low (1.0M). I set it to 4.0M, and the video works fine now.

Joel