Associate II
Posted on March 19, 2005 at 01:01

IAP Instructions

2 REPLIES 2
partymarty6969
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:06

Hello,

I have a couple of questions concerning the IAP instructions.

My first questions is concerning writing the bytes to invoke the embedded instruction. In the data sheet they mention that the time between two consecutive bytes must be shorter than the time-out period, what is the time-out period? They don't give a time. For example to invoke the flash bulk erase I must perform 6 write operations (6 cycles) to invoke the embedded algorithm but I have no clue how long I have between writting.

My second question is concerning addresses of the form XXXXh (don't cares), it says that they must be even addresses (when used as one of the cycle operations), do they really mean I have to perform those operations to addresses ending with 0,2,4,6,8,A,C,E?

Finally I heard something about the SUBB (subtract) function not performing the way it says it does in the data sheets, could someone provide the proper functionality of the SUBB function. Does it set a carry if answer is negative, does it not, is the carry included in the subtraction as a borrow, etc.

Also if anyone knows where I can get more documentation on the embedded instructions that would be very helpful as well.

Thanks in advance

partymarty6969
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:06

Thanks for your help HansDK 🙂