paolo_capobianco
Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2005 at 10:59

Programming uPSD via JTAG with ATE

3 REPLIES 3
paolo_capobianco
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:05

I just started to play with PSDsoft, and I need help in order to generate an SVF or JSTAPLE file.

I need to program an uPSD3233 using an ICT test platform via the JTAG interface.

The PSDsoft provides this output, but I'm a little bit confused on how to use it.

I got from my customer the HEX file to be downloaded in the device, and no other information.

It seems that in the PSDsoft software, it is mandatory to specify the PSD Pin/Node functions and the MCU/DSP firmware placement, but I don't have these info.

Should I ask for, or there is a way to bypass this procedure and generate the SVF/JSTAPL file directly from the HEX file, which I assume is covering the all memory space?

trang_mai
Associate

Is any one has answer for this question yet? Your answer to this question might help my case.

Thanks,

Tmai

jdaniel
Associate II

Gentlemen,

Yes... you absolutely need more than just the code to get a uPSD32XX working. You have to configure the decode PLD with the address mapping to the internal memory, as well as the other programmable logic.

Did the customer that gave you this code design it on a uPSD, or is it just written for any standard 8051 variant? If it is, you'll have to make the PSD setup yourself.

Another thing to check is whether it's a full-chip *.obj file. The obj files that PDSSoft express uses are really just extended hex files. They CAN contain all the information necessary for programming a chip. Ask the customer if that hex file is a full-chip image.