happykkw
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2005 at 10:50

How to modify value in the obj file?

4 REPLIES 4
happykkw
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:06

I have compiled Hardware & program in a object file. one source code as following:

:07603000FFFFFFFFFFFF006F

I want to change the “FFFFFFFFFFFF'' value, but I dont know if I change this value , is it need to change the end digits''006F'' too.

I looked the manual for ups3200 about this, but there is nothing detail information about this, Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

jdaniel
Associate II

Levis,

You are correct about having to modify more than just the data. The object file generated by PSDSoft is just an extended intel hex file. You can learn about the format of the intel hex file here:

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/1584.htm

Basically, this checksum is literally just a sum of all the hex digit pairs that is then 2's complemented. The page I referenced has some examples. Hope that helps.

hengly
Associate II

hi phaze426, how can I know the format of the code space in uPSD3234? I want to know the difference between the object file generated by PSDsoft Express and the file finally downloaded in uPSD3234.

Sometimes I have no idea when my code is larger than the code sector I assigned in PSDsoft Express.

Thanks in advace.

jdaniel
Associate II

The way I figured out where things are mapped is with the ''conventional programmers'' module in PSDSoft express. Open your object file in their, and it tells you for any given address you're examining what flash sector it's in. Then you can figure out what address in the obj file you need to modify.