Associate II
Posted on December 10, 2009 at 18:19

Ethernet bootloader

2 REPLIES 2
sfouques9
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:59

Hello all,

I'm using STR9FW44 cpu with Keil compiler (+Keil library for Ethernet, File System and RTOS), and I will soon have to create a bootloader for my application (many customers sites with many products...).

The system will be (quickly) : a PC with VB6 program, STR9 cpu on product, Ethernet UDP communication between both parts.

VB6 ask STR9 to boot to bootloader code, STR9 start bootloader and wait for VB6 to send code, VB6 send code and STR9 update user application, then boot user application code (nothing supernatural...)

I'm looking forward someone who experienced this configuration and may have some advices before I start (I've already explore ST forums for bootloader and noticed some things, but I didn't found anything when using Ethernet in bootloader and application).

Some dummy questions :

1) Should I have 2 distinct projects, one for bootloader and other for application, or both can be built in the same project ?

2) Maybe some one have a code sample for ethernet bootloader with keil ?

3) All samples use a GPIO state to use/not use bootloader ; Is it possible to use a bit in an external SRAM ??

Thanks for advance,

Stephane

tomas23
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:59

Hi,

1) I recommend two distinct projects

2) AN2675 doesn't help?

3) this is only convention, as nothing else clever is available on ST EVAL board :D ; you shall decide yourself, what's the triggering point for bootloader. So why not ext. SRAM?