Associate II
Posted on March 29, 2005 at 13:38

USB Bulk Transfers

8 REPLIES 8
hkoch2819
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2005 at 05:15

Hello!

I plan to use USB-Bulk transfer to transmit data from STR711 to PC. Using the USB-Software-Library seems to be difficult because ther are no raw template-files but only one application example using Interrupt-Transfer (mouse_demo). Use of the library appears confusing to me at the moment :(

The USB-Bulk-Transfer-Demo on the other hand is described do be run from RAM, but my board is designed to run firmware from FLASH.

my questions are:

- are there any raw application-template-files availible?

- how do i modify the USB-Bulk-Demo to run from FLASH?

- is there any documentation oder source available for the PC-driver and -software?

- are there recommended PC-tools to watch/debug traffic on USB?

Regards,

HKoch

hichem2
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2005 at 06:12

Hello HKoch,

You speak about The USB-Bulk-Transfer-Demo but I can't find a related document or code in the web, please can you say me where I can find this 😉

Cheers,

Hich. :-]

hkoch2819
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2005 at 06:33

Quote:

On 23-03-2005 at 10:42, Hich wrote:

Hello HKoch,

You speak about The USB-Bulk-Transfer-Demo but I can't find a related document or code in the web, please can you say me where I can find this 😉

Cheers,

Hich. :-]

It was posted in this forum from RISC on 03-12-2004;

the topic was ''USB Bulk transfer.''

I thought it was in the dowload-area as well, but cannot find ist there (any more?).

There was also an announcement of a new Version of the USB-Software-Library postet here on 01-03-2005.

Is that still in progress?

Regards,

HKoch

hichem2
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2005 at 07:12

Hi HKoch,

- are there any raw application-template-files availible? NO for the moment.

- how do i modify the USB-Bulk-Demo to run from FLASH? you have just to change you scatter file address.

- is there any documentation oder source available for the PC-driver and -software? NO

- are there recommended PC-tools to watch/debug traffic on USB? YES: CATC , HDD software USB monitor ...

Concerning the new Version of the USB-Software-Library, we planned achieve this toward the end of Q2 2005.

I hope that this can help you,

Cheers Hich 😉

hkoch2819
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2005 at 09:51

Quote:

On 23-03-2005 at 11:42, Hich wrote:

Hi HKoch,

- how do i modify the USB-Bulk-Demo to run from FLASH? you have just to change you scatter file address.

I think this works on RVDK, but i can't get it running with Keil uLink developement system :(

hichem2
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2005 at 10:13

Hello Hkoch,

You are right the demo was developed using RVDK,

For the moment we didn't use onother tools.

Could you let me now if you can load any program in the flash memory using the Keil uLink developement system.

Best regards,

Hich 8-)

hkoch2819
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2005 at 11:14

Hello Hich,

Quote:

On 23-03-2005 at 14:43, Hich wrote:

Hello Hkoch,

You are right the demo was developed using RVDK,

For the moment we didn't use onother tools.

Could you let me now if you can load any program in the flash memory using the Keil uLink developement system.

Best regards,

Hich 8-)

yes, i can load programm code up to the flash.

Up to 16384 bytes because i use the evaluation-version; and i am a bit worried, USB-stuff would be larger.

At the moment, the problem with the USB-Bulk-Example ist not programming to flash, but building the target-files.

Switches like '__use_no_semihosting_swi' in main.c or '__irq' in usb_istr.c seem to be not compatible to the Keil-toolchain?!

Regards,

HKoch

hkoch2819
Associate II
Posted on March 29, 2005 at 13:38

Hello,

I finally managed to compile and run the USB-Bulk-Demo mentioned above. Enumeration and loading the driver was succesfull as well.

I still do not understand how the PC-programm (RwBulk.exe)works.

It says:

Usage for Read/Write test:

-r [n] where n is number of bytes to read

-w [n] where n is number of bytes to write

-c [n] where n is number of iterations (default = 1)

-i [s] where s is the input pipe

-o [s] where s is the output pipe

-v verbose -- dumps read data

Usage for USB and Endpoint info:

-u to dump USB configuration and pipe info

-u seems to work fine, the information it gives makes me believe i have to use Pipe01 to write Date (from PC to STR) and Pipe02 to read data (from STR to PC).

Writing Data does work if the number of Bytes is even.

(trying to write odd numbers makes the Controller stop running?!)

Reading Data does not work!

The Programm opens Pipe00 (the interrupt-Endpoint?!) and waits for ever.

Even using ''-i 02'' oder ''-i PIPE02'' does not help, it then reports 'Failed to open' and the description of Pipe00.

Are there any Bugs known in the RwBulk.exe or do i have to use it in a different way?

or should i check the STR-Programm?

Regards,

HKoch