Associate II
Posted on April 13, 2005 at 23:22

project template

8 REPLIES 8
ongth60
Associate II
Posted on April 08, 2005 at 08:19

Hi all again,

Im facing problems trying to create a new project. Im trying to create a new project from scratch. In order to start, ive copied the files from the templates/linked_lib folder. Im using the debug version to be debug using STR710 eva kit, so i just copied newDL.prj, 71x_arme, scat, 71x_it.c, 71x_conf.h and main.c. Next, i've copied 71x_init.s, 71x_vect.s and retarget.c as well as str71DL.lib to my project folder. I've changed the project settings for retarget.c, preprocessor include path, as well as scat path and as the library path. The problem starts when i stepped thru it. The program will start from 71x_init.s then after that it will jump to no where. A statement in the scr window states the following: No source for context: START_S\__main. Pls advise.

Thanks.

ongth60
Associate II
Posted on April 09, 2005 at 01:30

hi,

i've downloaded the newer version of software lib v2.0. In the templates/linked_lib folder, i cant find debug.prj. Pls advise.

Regards,

Ong

hichem2
Associate II
Posted on April 12, 2005 at 14:21

Hello ongth60,

Yes you are right there is no debug.prj in the templates/linked_lib folder,this is a mistakes and it will be corrected as soon as possible.

For any urgency you can find attached the debug.prj , you copy it in the same directory and use the library normally until the new copy will be available on the web site.

Best regard,

Hich 😉

hichem2
Associate II
Posted on April 12, 2005 at 14:23

Sorry I forget the attachement! :o

Cheers,

Hich.

Attachments :

Attachement.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HtNl&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aPD%2FBLxNcy..XjUUNZ9Sb0vUTGLlqGoCIV.6Fpr8EpbAgig&asPdf=false
ongth60
Associate II
Posted on April 13, 2005 at 10:33

thanks, hich.

by d way, i've managed to create the project and run the examples.

I've encounter some problems compiling. Under the *PROJECT folder,ive set the base properties as ''use path of project file''.

Next in the *COMPILE=arm, in the *Preprocessor folder, i've included the path of the folder where all my source header files are located. It shows '' ..\str71x_library_2.0\project\include\''.

Also, i've included the path of where my conf.h file is located, which i stored in my project folder. It shows '' ''.

When i try to compile them, it states that it can't find the conf.h file.So, in order to solve this, i've created another folder under my project folder to store conf.h which i name it config. Next i set the include path to include that folder. It shows ''.\config\''. When i compile them, it works perfectly. Can u pls explain the error?

By d way, im using RVDK 1.6.

Rgrds,

Ong

hichem2
Associate II
Posted on April 13, 2005 at 14:44

Hello ongth60,

RVDK: Header files should not be located in the same directory as the project (*.prj) file

RVDK fails to succesfully build a project if the project includes one or more header files that are located in the same directory as the project (*.prj) file. To avoid this issue, please ensure that none of the header files are stored in the same directory as the project file.

Regards,

Hich 😉

hichem2
Associate II
Posted on April 13, 2005 at 14:45

Hello ongth60,

RVDK: Header files should not be located in the same directory as the project (*.prj) file

RVDK fails to succesfully build a project if the project includes one or more header files that are located in the same directory as the project (*.prj) file. To avoid this issue, please ensure that none of the header files are stored in the same directory as the project file.

Regards,

Hich 😉

ongth60
Associate II
Posted on April 13, 2005 at 23:22

hi,

thanks again.

rgrds,

TH Ong