isabel_benitez
Associate II
Posted on July 20, 2005 at 11:12

memory map

5 REPLIES 5
isabel_benitez
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:07

I am writting code for a upsd3254A with the uVision2. I have paged the memory but I am not able to see what amount of code there is in each page. When I build the project, at the end appears: 'Program size: data=28.7 xdata=1288 code=52187' but I don't know if I am writting to much code in a particular page, how can I know the size of the program in every page?

niqichang
Associate II

icebell:

Have you checked the ''Code banking'' selection and selected proper number of banks on the 'Target' page in Options for target in uVision2? if you did,then have you assigned any programs to banks in your project? if you did then checked the ''Creat Hex file'' on the 'Target' page in Options for target in uvision 2,and rebuild target,you will see what you wanted.

isabel_benitez
Associate II

I made what you to told me but where can I see the size of every page code?

krwada
Associate

You can check the code size per bank in the map file. This file is generated if you have the generate map file output turned on.

The DOS file extension for this file is M51. So...

for example, if your output is myProject, then your M51 file will be myProject.M51. Open up your myProject.M51 file and scroll down where the CODE, BANK0, and BANK1 location tables are displayed. To get the size of each page, you go to the last entry in each table, note the HEX address. This HEX address is roughly the size of the code in that bank. To get the size left, you need to do the following calculation:

SIZE_LEFT - BANK_SIZE - LAST_ADDRESS_IN_BANK

Ken Wada

isabel_benitez
Associate II

Thank you very much!!!!!

The information has been very helpful. Just one question, when you say 'the HEX address' you mean tha data that appears in the 'BASE' column?