Dear all:

Can anybody use the Keil Ulink to emualte the upsd3254? the

compiler is keil c v7.5.

best regards.

lids

jdaniel
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:07

I'm you mean can you use the uLink JTAG device to DEBUG the uPSD3254, the answer is no. The uPSD32XX only includes JTAG programming support, but not debugging. If you're asking whether you can use the uVision SIMULATOR to simulate things on the PC, then yes, but it's constrained mainly to the hardware that's included in standard 8051 derivatives and not the more advanced uPSD stuff.

lids6
Associate II

Hi,phaze426:

Thank you for your reply.

I also have another question .If I can not debug the code with Keil Ulink , Do you know which tool I can use to debug my code ? Can you give me a suggestion ?

thank you !

lids

jdaniel
Associate II

lids,

Without any support for built-in debugging, you are forced to use the simulator in Keil to simulate basic stuff on the PC. The other option is to purchase a full-blown ICE (In-Circuit Emulator). That's what I've done. There are two companies that make ICEs for the uPSD32XX series. The first is Nohau corporation which is a large California-based company. I bought one of theirs for around $7,000, but I was doing some advanced things with the chip that make their emulator choke and die. The other is a Chinese company called ''Manley'' that makes a pretty versatile ICE for (hold on to your seat) only about $350. I grabbed one of those, and it also choked and died on my advanced stuff, BUT they at least could tell me how to work around it. So, that's what I'm using now. Those are pretty much your only options if you really need to step through code.