Associate II
Posted on August 29, 2005 at 05:26

Problems with the ST72F324J2 and the ST7538

6 REPLIES 6
a00178074
Associate II
Posted on August 18, 2005 at 04:47

Hi!

My SCI communication worked well when the clock source was a 8 MHz crystal, now I connected the ST7538 to the ST72F324 and the new clock source is the 4MHz from the ST7538 (MCLK pin), I calculated the new parameters for the SCI comm (for the 2 MHz freq), but now I can't get communication from the STICK to the MCU to programm it.

Do you know what is happening?

I need to be sure that the MCU works well with the 4 MHz source because next I will try the SPI communication with the ST7538.

jatin
Associate II
Posted on August 18, 2005 at 05:09

First program your micro with ''option byte disabled'' in the configuartion. This time program the option byte as the ''external source''. Now you can program the micro with ''option byte enabled''. In this case 4 MHz external clock will be used to program the micro.

a00178074
Associate II
Posted on August 19, 2005 at 19:11

Hi!

I programmed the MCU with the option byte disable in the configuration and with external source and the 8 Mhz crystal. Then, I conected de modem to the MCU to get the 4Mhz source. With option byte enable and external source. When I want to erase the MCU to programm it again appears the message Error: Sector Erasing failed. If I try to programm the MCU it seems like doing it but at the end appears: Programming failed. Check that the device is erased before programming.

:(

a00178074
Associate II
Posted on August 22, 2005 at 21:40

Hello!!!

Please answer me, I need your help to solve this problem. I have intented like you sugested to me. First I configured with ICP OPT Disable and External source and programmed the MCU, then I coneccted the Modem to the MCU (MCLK=4 MHz to the osc1 pin) and tried to erase it first and I got an Erasing failure!, then I got an Error when tried to program it.

I can not erase nor program the MCU when the source are the 4MHz from the Modem.

Please answer me.

Thank you.

a00178074
Associate II
Posted on August 23, 2005 at 00:17

Hello!!!

Please answer to me, I need your help to solve this problem. I have intented like you suggested to me. First I configured with ICP OPT Disable and External source and programmed the MCU, then I coneccted the Modem to the MCU (MCLK=4 MHz to the osc1 pin) and tried to erase it first and I got an Erasing failure!, then I got an Error when tried to program it.

I can not erase nor program the MCU when the source are the 4MHz from the Modem.

Please help me.

Thank you.

nitin-dlh
Associate
Posted on August 29, 2005 at 05:26

I have tested that. I am not able to see the problem. Could you check what the voltage level of the clock? Is it 0-5V?