cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my stpc consumer II can't boot ? Help me!!!!!

wangweimin76
Associate II
Posted on August 06, 2005 at 06:56

Why my stpc consumer II can't boot ? Help me!!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
wangweimin76
Associate II
Posted on August 01, 2005 at 07:58

I have designed a piece of PCB board using STPC Consumer II, but it can't boot. I have checked reset signal and CLK14M, PCICLK, MCLK and HCLK, they are all Ok. But bios can't boot, so no POST code are displayed. The RMRTCCS# and MEMR# are toggling. I don't have development kit and I haven't used STPC Consumer II before. Who can tell what I can do next? Which steps are there in CPU boot process and how to check it? Help me !!!!!

:-[

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on August 01, 2005 at 09:31

Did you have some experience with STPC product ?

which Bios are you using on your board? check the bios if it is well flashed?

Could you also check your ISA strap option? resistors values?

wangweimin76
Associate II
Posted on August 02, 2005 at 07:45

Thanks for your help.

No, I havn't any experience in STPC products design. My bios is General Software's, bios is ok because it had been installed on other's development kits based on the STPC and works well. ISA pullup and pulldown resistors are 8k2. In ISA I/0, should AEN signal not join in the address decode? But in POST display circuit, I let AEN join in the 80h port address decode. I will try again after removing the AEN signal.

[ This message was edited by: wwm on 04-08-2005 14:03 ]

wangweimin76
Associate II
Posted on August 03, 2005 at 07:38

When I remove the AEN signal from the address decode circuits, the POST display circuit is ok. But the code displayed is 0x0d. I will check the SuperIo circuit.

wangweimin76
Associate II
Posted on August 04, 2005 at 10:14

The SuperIo circuit is ok, but the POST code displayed is 0x8b and the board still can't boot. And if I set a higher HCLK, the POST code is 0x1b. Who can teach me how to solve it? Is sdram circuit false? Who can tell me the PCB layout guideline of sdram circuit?

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on August 05, 2005 at 07:11

The post code 0x8b is for Shadow system & video BIOS.

the post code 0x1b is for Test base 64KB memory.

Could you check your memory size? for the PCB layout guideline of SDRAM, it is available in the datasheet.

wangweimin76
Associate II
Posted on August 06, 2005 at 06:56

Thanks. Now my board can boot, the reason is onyl a wrong value of one strap resistance on MD0. Now the problem is that the keyboard is not properly working. When I connect the IDE harddisk, keyboard is ok and harddisk can't be found by BIOS,but when I remove it ,keyboard doesn't work.Isn't it strange?!