Associate II
Posted on September 05, 2005 at 12:36

ncurses with uClinux

2 REPLIES 2
juan2
Associate II
Posted on August 31, 2005 at 06:06

Hi there,

I am trying to compile uClinux (uClinux-dist-20040408.tar.gz) with the patch uClinux-dist-20040408-str710-patch.tar.gz. and the library ncurses.

On the configuration utility I select the following settings:

Vendor: ST

ST products: STR710

Kernel Version: Linux-2.4.x

Libc: uClibc

Besides i included the libraries: ''libZ'' and ''ncurses'' under ''Customize Vendor/User Settings'' and i chose the option ''System V IPC'' under ''Customize Kernel settings'''. And i followed the steps describe on the section 5.1 (''Add your application to uClinux image'') of the ST ''AN 2119 APPLICATION NOTE''.

After running menuconfig, i did as follow:

make dep

make lib_only

make user_only

In the last make i got an error: ''cannot find -lncurses''. The problem is that the four libraries that my application uses from ncurses ( -lform -lmenu -lpanel -lncurses ) are not found. The ncurses directory is installed under glibc and apparently ncurses-5.2 (the version installed in the uClinux distribution) compiles with uClibc directory. What is more, the .a libraries are not created under ncurses/lib, so it seems that ncurses is installed in not a proper directory on the uClinux distribution. Does somebody know how could i make that these dynamically linked libraries are created and then are available for my application?

I would really appreciate some kind of help, thank you very much.

Juan Fco.

juan2
Associate II
Posted on September 05, 2005 at 12:36

Hi again,

I just wanted to add that the compiler used is the one which is recommended on the note ''Getting Started with uClinux for STR710'', arm-elf-tools-20030314 whose version is 2.95.3 (by doing arm-elf-gcc --version). I hope this can help somebody to understand clearer what exactly my problem is. I would appreciate any kind of answer .

Regards,

Juanfco.