cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any develpment kit for ST72681(Flash Device Controller)?

kch_1996
Associate II
Posted on November 16, 2005 at 05:47

Is there any develpment kit for ST72681(Flash Device Controller)?

4 REPLIES 4
kch_1996
Associate II
Posted on September 16, 2005 at 05:17

Hi,

I am going to program a new firmware for ST72681(Flash device contoller).

Is it possibe to develop and debug ST7-EMU3, ST7-DVP3,ST7-Visual Developer possible to devep?

If not ,is there any development kit for ST72681?

Thank U

alain2399
Associate II
Posted on September 22, 2005 at 13:06

I think that there is a misunderstanding, the ST72681 is a ROM device that is used to interface FLASH to USB2.

So there is no new firmware to be developped by custoemrs, ST provides reference design and the ST72681 already with its firmawre in ROM handling most of the NAND FLASH available on the market.

See the data sheet :

http://www.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/11352.pdf

Best regards,

Alain

jjcchh333
Associate II
Posted on September 23, 2005 at 02:54

I understood your explanation.

I am going to add a new function to usb controller.

For example, I am going to develop USB storage device have a CD-ROM drive and ordinary drive(FAT32 etc.).

I am going to upload the program that I developed in the CD-ROM drive.After pluging the usb storage device in the usb hub ,the device the program starts automatically as CD-ROM drive

Such products have already been developed and I have got it.

The device has a OTI-2168 controller and Samsung NAND flash.

It has a CD-ROM drive and hard disk drive in it.

Of course,I know your company(ST Microelectronics) provide the controller with firmware that controls the storage memory as a hard drive.

1. Is it possibe to write by your company the firmware that I developed?

If it is possible and you provide the development kit for ST72681,I am going to purchase your about 100000 controller.

2.Is it possible the provide me the product has above mentioned functions,if the development is impossibe with the controller?

If it is possible,please inform the new controller(which has the above functions) price.

Please answer my questions.

Thank you.

Regards,

grave
Associate
Posted on November 16, 2005 at 05:47

Does anybody have a configuration tool for OTI-2168 controller? I need it to program iSerialNumber. Please send it to grave@ua.fm.

[ This message was edited by: grave on 22-11-2005 10:02 ]