nick3
Associate II
Posted on November 29, 2007 at 03:32

STR73x flash programming

3 REPLIES 3
nick3
Associate II
Posted on July 06, 2006 at 17:55

I have a few questions regarding in application flash programming of the STR73x series.

1. Is there an str73x version of the IAP example that is provided for the STR71x (using using keil/ARM RVDK if possible)?

2. Does the STR73x require copying interrupt vectors to RAM when using IAP like the str71x series? Are there any examples for this?

I would also like to be able to allow the manufacturer to program the STR73x with RS-232 rather than JTAG. I know that raisonance has one, but ST must have one as well.

Is it possible to obtain a suitable boot loader for the STR73x (the 128 byte code mentioned in the appnote), or alternately some pointers on developing one (eg tools used etc)?

Regards,

Nick

satnam
Associate II
Posted on November 23, 2007 at 03:51

Hi There!

were you able to find some solution to your problem, i have the same problem but was not able to find ant suitable solution.

Thanks

byteybird
Associate
Posted on November 29, 2007 at 03:32

The original question was posted 18 months ago. This group has no support from ST and monitored by few users who provide any useful suggestions. It looks like if your using their micros, your on your on!!

I also have the same problem. Currently using the ST73x part and will be in production in two months. Have not figured out yet how to handle the production flashing without exposing source code.