Associate II
Posted on February 13, 2006 at 04:16

IAP Demo_Application (DK3300_RS232_IAP)

4 REPLIES 4
johannesweingarten
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:09

Hi all!

I want to write something like a boot strap loader. Therefore i downloaded the sources of the IAP-Application-Demo, just for getting some hints. But these sources do not work with my computer. I loaded the MCU and PSD-part to the processor, and opened th Windows-Application, After pushing the button connect, a message box is shown with the text ''Failed to open connection to ST demoboard. Please check....'' and so on. Perhaps someone of you has any solution. I work with the evaluation board upsd dk3300-elcd

Thanks so much

harryplotter4

johannesweingarten
Associate II

I am sorry, i did not give a more exact error description.

The code for the MCU seams to be ok, because i can make a hardware debug. But when downloading the hex-file with the ULink to the eval board, the Keil tool does not give any statement, that the PLD is also programmed, as is normally does. Perhaps, this is the problem, that no code for the PLD is downloaded.

Thanks for your help!

johannesweingarten
Associate II

Hello all!

I am happy to tell you, that i found the error on my own. I don't know exactly, why the program did not work, because, now it works completely with the same code that did not work before. The only thing i did in between, was to disable the PACKET_HEADER query in the main routine. After doing this, the Application ran without restrictions. Then i analysed the PACKET_HEADER on the Oscilloscope and found out, that the correct data have been sent from the PC to the board. So i put the code for asking for the PACKET_HEADER back to the main routine. After comliling that, it also ran. But after doing a reset and then starting the application quite quick, there was the same error as before. Be shure to spend enough time for the processor to come up with the application.

wade
Associate II

dear harryplotter4:

i have the same problem with you!

can you send it (code) for me?

thanks

my e-mail:

mailto:wenjen.li1976@msa.hinet.net

Quote:

On 14-12-2005 at 11:58, Anonymous wrote:

Hello all!

I am happy to tell you, that i found the error on my own. I don't know exactly, why the program did not work, because, now it works completely with the same code that did not work before. The only thing i did in between, was to disable the PACKET_HEADER query in the main routine. After doing this, the Application ran without restrictions. Then i analysed the PACKET_HEADER on the Oscilloscope and found out, that the correct data have been sent from the PC to the board. So i put the code for asking for the PACKET_HEADER back to the main routine. After comliling that, it also ran. But after doing a reset and then starting the application quite quick, there was the same error as before. Be shure to spend enough time for the processor to come up with the application.