dlt
Associate II
Posted on November 23, 2005 at 08:55

Problems with EEPROM emulation

1 REPLY 1
dlt
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:09

I have a uPSD3334DV based board that I'm trying to use EEPROM emulation on. I'm using the firmware from ST. I have main flash configured as data and secondary as both data and program. BOOT0 and 1 are used for the program and I'm trying to use BOOT2 and 3 for EEPROM. I am getting a fatal error (seems to cause MCU to end up halting) upon trying to format the first segment. I'm using UART1 to send a status of the format attempt and it screws up so badly that it sends a bunch of garbled junk instead of the single character I intend to send. In PSDExpress I have CSBOOT2 and 3 set to 8000-9FFF and A000-BFFF, respectively. I also have them set to require !_rd OR !_wr (entered on two lines), but I've also tried it with _psen and nothing at all and none makes a difference. I suspect I'm doing something wrong in PSDExpress as I'm pretty new to the PSD stuff but I need some guidance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FWIW, I also tried inserting just the raw commands used in Eeprom_Sector_Erase from the ST firmware and just that bit of code will lock it up, so it's never even making it to a format attempt.

TIA,

Tubbs