conrad2
Associate II
Posted on February 23, 2007 at 14:09

STPC Atlus Win NT 4.0

5 REPLIES 5
conrad2
Associate II
Posted on January 09, 2007 at 21:12

We have an Atlas eval board running Win NT 4.0 and the keyboard and mouse work just fine. On our own version of the Atlas PCB we can boot NT, but cannot get the keyboard lights to work, or the mouse to work. Is there a patch for NT 4.0 that needs to be installed? The hard disk and BIOS are the same for both systems, so I was hoping I would not have the keyboard mouse problem. Is there a difference in the CPU chips that causes this bug?

Eval CPU:

Eng sample

MDYN*S713DQ1

JP2AA0214

J204HPB4

KOREA

Current CPU

STPCI2HEYC

Q2YN*S713DAC

HPACG VJ

VJ534BXD

KOR 22 605

I hope you can point me in the right direction. Thanks for the help.

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on February 22, 2007 at 14:37

Hello,

There is no bug in the CPU chip and bothe date codes are ok. Are you testing the same Keyboard and mouse on your board?

There is a patch for keyboard available on Win9x and Wince that could be downloaded from the web site. I attached the errata sheet of Atlas that may help you for known issue of keyboard and a proposal workaound.

Best Regards.

[ This message was edited by: coucou on 22-02-2007 19:08 ]

Attachments :

STPC_Atlas_errata.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HtuU&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aYe%2F4gYRrc54n1oQ778QBDw07bv_mTGP4mEVYFknijkPWdk&asPdf=false
conrad2
Associate II
Posted on February 22, 2007 at 18:33

We have tried the same keyboard and mouse. We did get Win98 loaded with the patch and no luck with the keyboard or mouse. Could I have a strap error that causes the mouse to not work?. Is there a clock or PLL setting that I should double check, because everything seems OK to me. We have built a couple of PCBs with the same problem. Any hints where to look?

The other thing that bothers me is that the Atlas Demo PCB works correctly without the patch loaded. I see no option in the General Software BIOS that could cause a problem. If there a setting that I might have missed?

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on February 23, 2007 at 06:31

I also used Win98 on ATLAS evalaution board + general software bios without installing the patch and it works. there is no otpion on the bios for keyboard. Did you used the same ''KBMF01SC6'' on your design as in ATLASBD?

conrad2
Associate II
Posted on February 23, 2007 at 14:09

In the final application 1K pullups are used on the keyboard signals, for debug the 4 keyboard/mouse signals are brought straight over to a pair of KBM01SC6 chips and then to standard mini DIN connectors. The chips are powered off of +5 Volts.

Some systems use one mini DIN for both keyboard and mouse. Is the clock signal shared in that kind of implementation? Which clock line is used as the common clock?

Would it be possible to send you schematics for review?