Posted on February 10, 2006 at 12:43

ST10F269 FLASH read out protection

2 REPLIES 2
petertheunissen9
Associate II
Posted on December 22, 2005 at 09:48

Hello,

I have a problem to set the FLASH read protection in the ST10F

As it not possible to set the Flash read-out protection of the ST10F269 using the Flasher Tool, I build in a small program in the code which sets the protection.

After running that program part, it is indeed not possible to read-out the FLASH (I read out all 0x009b words, which is correct regarding the datasheet). However, the problem is that it is also not possible to program the device any more after it with the ST10 Flasher Tool.

Does someone have any idea what is going wrong? I am writing 0x7FFF to the Flash Protection Register, so only bit “CP�? is set to ‘0’.

The code I used to set-up the protection is given in the attached file.

An array in which the code to set-up the protection is defined in RAM and filled with the correct code.

After that, in the main() program it is called indirectly.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks!

Attachments :

main.txt : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0Ke&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bXm%2F1iW.PKYRB7jYXx2VX22YtrtsGyCyTGDp_tMNtI9AyIo&asPdf=false
najoua
Associate II
Posted on February 10, 2006 at 12:43

Hello,

There is no problem in your protection software.

The fact of being unable to reprogram the Flash is normal because Code protection allows to disable any read or jump to the ST10 embedded Flash from another memory AND also acts as a global write protection and prevents subsequent block erase or programming. (Please refer to the attached AN for more details on the followink link:

http://mcu.st.com/mcu/modules.php?mop=modload&name=Splatt_Forums&file=viewtopic&topic=3620&forum=5

Regards,

Najoua.