jhtan
Associate II
Posted on April 28, 2006 at 01:16

Unable to load program to flash

1 REPLY 1
jhtan
Associate II
Posted on April 28, 2006 at 01:16

I have always work with 8 bits and 16 bits mainly from Microchip and ARM is really new to me. Unfortunately, I have been having a hard even trying to load the sources into the internal flash. Ia m usign the compiler from HTSoft with Emul-ARM by Nohau. I tried to e adventurous and did my own eval board. But I have tried all the following with a ST eval board that I loaned and the results were the same.

After compiling the code, I launched the tools and attempted to program the part. But it produces an error stating:

Quick check on addresses: 40000000-40000003 indicates that load failed. Found value: FFFFFFFF, expected: E12FFF1E.

Note: Flash programming is disabled.

Cmd: Event_Message

Core: 0

Date: 4/28/2006 Time: 10:39:29 AM

I continue to enable the flash programing below is the message I get when attempting to load the program again:

Load Failed!

Verify error at 0x00000000 Block address: 40000000-400000D3.

Possible explanations (Flash prog ENABLED):

* The address is not pointing to Flash memory, in which case the Flash algorithm will wait forever, thus causing a timeout.

* Incorrect Target Definition / flash driver.

* General communication error.

Cmd: Event_Message

Core: 0

Date: 4/28/2006 Time: 10:41:05 AM

I am sure the Target definition is correct and that there is no general communication error. There are some test utilities in the Seehau application and I can actually write some test bytes into the RAM at 0x20000000. But when I tried to write these test bytes to 0x40000000 where the Flash is located. It will fail to verify.

My boot mode is set to USER:boot from internal flash throughout the entire test.

I feel I might be getting something entirely wrong in the process and that I have misse out on something big.

Hope someone can help because getting support from Nohau and Hitech is really frustrating. Please assume I'man idiot at this.

Many thanks