leonmertz
Associate II
Posted on March 10, 2006 at 05:00

DK3400 RTC DEMO

4 REPLIES 4
leonmertz
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:10

THE DK3400 development kit comes with ''RTC DEMO'' firmware burnt into it's flash.I cannot find the source code for the demo anywhere on the ST website.Does anybody know where to find this source code? (For KEIL COMPILER)

redmonds
Associate II

Excellent question and a real disappointment that no-one has answered.

I've been trying to get some life out of the DK3400 LCD by hand-blatting the PSD registers from within the Keil IDE. All my investigations suggest that the Controller is a SED1520 (or even a pair of them), but sending command sequences do not bring any joy.

My research was not helped by the fact that there seem to be a number of 12232 LCD modules available but none share the same pinout.

Our lives would be made a lot easier if we could get a look at the code of the original RTC app that was shipped with the board. If I hadn't seen that working, I wouldn't have believed that the LCD module was usable.

Come on ST, help us out. If we can't do our jobs, we can't buy your products. Or are we, as I suspect, just wasting our time here and would be better of somewhere where the support is a little better (or even existent)?

Disappointedly yours,

Richard

leonmertz
Associate II

ST actually e mailed me the source code after I requested it.Ask ST support to send you the source code for rtc demo of the dk development kit.

redmonds
Associate II

Many thanks.

The hours that I could have saved, not just trying to get the LCD to work, but being able to develop using the LCD rather than a scope probe and a serial port.

Never mind, it was my fault for not going directly to support. And at least others will now be able to get a look at the LCD driving code.

Thanks again,

Richard