cosmapa
Associate II
Posted on October 26, 2007 at 18:39

IAP questions

2 REPLIES 2
cosmapa
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:16

I read AN2557 on how to do IAP with the UART. It is quite clear but I have a few questions:

- How to you define segment boundaries with the IAR tool? The Appnote shows how the set the ApplicationAddress to 0x8002000, but then how do I write my code so that it is actually stored at that address.

- What is the file format of the object file that gets downloaded? I see a .d79 file in the Exe folder. Can it be used as-is?

- Finally, where/how can I see the detailed resources (ROM & RAM, address and size) used by my program and its components.

Thanks

16-32micros
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:16

Dear cosmapa,

Here Below some elements of your questions

1) You can go the ''IAP_AN\binary\template project\'' subdirectory where there is template project for IAR (EWARM) , Raisonance (RIDE) and Keil (RVMDK)

for the final application you would like to put in Flash starting from 0x8002000 address offset. In EWARM this is configured in File ''lnkarm_flash_offset.xcl''

// Code memory in FLASH

-DROMSTART=0x8002000 // :o

2) The file Format of the Object file is a raw binary ''*.bin'' file without formatting : For EWARM the template project is already configured to output a binary file, for RVMDK there is an utility to translate axf (ARM specific) files to binary and the same for Ride, the subdirectory includes a batch file ''hextobin.bat'' that will do the job.

3) If using EWARM from IAR (that you have) , you can go to Project->Options

Then Linker and you can activate the listing, either in the debugger

window or to have txt or HTML file in your ''List'' subdirectory like

the picture attached.

I hope that this helps you. For more details you can refer to EWARM documenation on www.iar.com or installed on your Desktop.

Regards, STOne-32

[ This message was edited by: STOne-32 on 26-10-2007 22:12 ]