sjayapal
Associate II
Posted on April 11, 2006 at 12:33

emulator error

8 REPLIES 8
sjayapal
Associate II
Posted on March 31, 2006 at 12:22

when ever I try to read the RC calibration value from the location 0xDEE0 and 0xDEE1, It gives the error “stopped on read protection at 0xdee0�. I am using the DVP3 emulator.What could be going wrong? I want to turn off the read protection for this location and read the calibration value from it. Kindly explain as to how to go about this.

Regards,

Suganya

wolfgang2399
Associate II
Posted on April 03, 2006 at 05:43

Hi Suganya,

do you use the Lite2X? If so you have to select 0xFFDE,0xFFDF for calibration value.

The the Lite2X's memory address of the calibration value is different to all the other Lites - Lite1X, Lite3X or LiteUS.

Regards

WoRo

sjayapal
Associate II
Posted on April 03, 2006 at 05:49

Hello WoRo,

No i am using the ST7FL35 micro, which is a Lite3x series.

Verified with the manual regarding the address and it is 0xDEE0 and 0xDEE1 but i am still facing this error.

Any clue???

-Suganya

wolfgang2399
Associate II
Posted on April 03, 2006 at 07:26

Hi Suganya,

even though I won't think you forgot to select the Lite35 on your DVP3 I'll make mention of it. A wrong MCU selection could be the cause of the error message.

Regards

WoRo

sjayapal
Associate II
Posted on April 03, 2006 at 07:37

I verified my settings and it does reflect ST7FL35 for MCU Configuration. Not sure what is going wrong.

-Suganya

wolfgang2399
Associate II
Posted on April 03, 2006 at 11:45

Hi again,

I found something that looks like an error of the STVD7:

If you select your Lite35 and open the map (start Debugging and then open: Debug Instrument -- MPU Configuration) you'll see a reserved area from 0x0200 to 0xDFFF. That might be the bug!

Please select the ROM area (0xE000...0xFFDF), modify it to 0xDEE0...0xFFDF and try again. The RESERVED area automaticly will shrink up to ...0xDEDF.

Sorry, I can't test it by myself because I have no application on this micro.

Best regards

WoRo

sjayapal
Associate II
Posted on April 04, 2006 at 02:10

Thanks WoRo,

It worked with out the error, but the return value from the RC calibration value location is always 0xFF. Is this the calibration value stored for a 1 Mhz clock to be generated?

Regards,

Suganya 🙂

alain2399
Associate II
Posted on April 11, 2006 at 12:33

RC calibration is not emulated with emulators (DVP3 or EMU3) because the RC used in the emulators does not need calibration as in the real MCU. The data you read in memory are not significant. You must use ICD for debugging code related to calibration values in order read actual calibration data and reproduce potential errors due to miscalibration of the RC.