george2
Associate II
Posted on March 09, 2006 at 12:33

source code for ST7MTC Configuration Tool PC to demo board link

4 REPLIES 4
george2
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:19

Using the ST7MTC2 Configuration Tool and the ST Thompson supplied S19 file one can download paramaters from the PC to the ST72141 chip for PI tuning. Once one links ones own S19 file using ST7MTC2 Programmer this communication is lost. Is the source code for this communication available so one could link it in and update paramters with modifed controller code? Going to the ST72141 successor chip is not a option due to high temperature environment.

george2
Associate II

Yes, you understand well. However, I am using the STtMTC2 Motorcontroller Development kit 2 ( ver 2.02 Build Date 19/03/2001) for configuration from the ST72141 Motorcontroller Dvelopement Kit. With our supplied S19 I can start and stop the motor, change the PI paramaters, change the delay, etc. then same the configuration/paramater header for the assembler. However, when I asemble my own S19 ( with ST7 Starter Kit ver 1.3 dated Nov 1 2000) the programmed chip is stand alone, ie cannot communcate with the PC and the configuration program above. I thought if I had the original source code that provides that communcation, I could add the communciation code to my build and communicate from the PC to my modifed program in the chip.

Modifying the binary s19 file directly is a good idea I had not thought of, but what I am really trying to avoid is writeing the firmware to the chip for each trial interation of PI tuning.

Is it possible to use the newer ST7 Toolkit with the older ST72141?

Thanks for your quick response

jean-marie
Associate II

You will find here attached the firmware source in assembly language of Starter_Kit tool. You will find inside all routine to communicate with the PC screen Graphical User Interface (GUI).

The source code for PC GUI is not available.

It will be preferable for a new design to switch to the new ST7MC microcontroller dedicated to motor control task.

You can develop code for the ST72141 on the last version rev3.2.1 of STVD7.

Best Regards

Paco

george2
Associate II

Thank you for the file of assembly code. That is exactly what I needed.

We are using the old ST7214 chip due to a high ambient temperataure ( using it above its rated temperature). Do you have nominal and actual temperature max for the newer chip?

Do you make an emulator for the old St72141 and is it available? If so, what is the part number? and where can we order it?